Prince Albert II Of Monaco Tests Positive For Coronavirus

SMS
Prince Albert II Of Monaco Tests Positive For Coronavirus
​The Palace of Monaco said in a statement Thursday the prince is currently being treated after having been tested earlier this week.
SHOW TRANSCRIPT

Prince Albert II of Monaco has tested positive for the coronavirus.

The Palace of Monaco said in a statement Thursday the prince is currently being treated after having been tested earlier this week. It also said his health "does not cause any concern" so far, and that he is continuing to work from his home office.

Albert is the first head of state to publicly say he's contracted the virus. Albert urged residents "to respect containment measures and limit contact with others to a minimum," adding that "only rigorous compliance with these containment rules will halt the spread of the coronavirus."

The son of the late American film star Grace Kelly, Albert leads the a tiny nation of less than 40,000 people. So far, Monaco has recorded nine cases of the coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization's latest situation report.